Monday, June 2, 2008

Diaper dilemma

Ivy and I have started our baby classes. We've learned a lot so far and now it's coming down to making some choices. I'm still debating which way to go as far as diapers.

There's a lot to choose from beginning with disposables that of course fill up the land fills and the cloth diapers that I have to wash myself. But now there's also a new one called G Diaper where you actually flush the dirty diaper pad in your toilet and wash it away. It's a LOT more expensive though.



So here's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm going to get the outer 'pants' shell from G Diaper which looks really cool. It has a platic insert where you put in the disposable pad. But instead of buying the spendy pad, I'm going to put in cloth diapers.

It's the best of both worlds where I'm not filling up land fills and not spending an arm and a leg for diapers every month. The cloth diapers you can buy one time and use them until your baby is potty trained. Research also shows that baby's learn to potty train much faster on cloth diapers because they can feel when they're wet.

Who knows how long this will last, but I'm going to give it a good try. If not, I always have Costco diapers to fall back on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is some advice on the diaper area, first 3 months - just use disposable diaper as baby poops and pee every time you feed her. After that, you can try clothes or the super cool G Diaper. I try to use clothes diaper with Kane many times but i gave up when he pees and i have to wash both clothes diaper and the pants. Kane is now 9 months and we take him pee pee in the potty room every 15-30 min, so i am saving lots of diaper money now.